DOEACC Society is an autonomous scientific society of the Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India. The Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. DOEACC Society is the only professional examination body in India, which accredits institutes / organizations for conducting particular course, specializing in the non-formal sector of IT education.|
The office of the Society is situated at Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, New Delhi - 110 003.
DOEACC is a joint Scheme of the Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Department of Information Technology (erstwhile Department of Electronics) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Govt. of India.
Objective of the Scheme
The objective of the Scheme is to generate qualified manpower in the area of Information Technology (IT) at the national level, by utilizing the facilities and infrastructure available with the institutions/organizations in the non-formal sector.
The Society is managed and administered by a Governing Council which consists of eminent academicians and professionals from IT industry. Minister for Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India, is the Chairman of the Governing Council of the Society. The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Society and manages day to day affairs of the Society. Manifold functions of the DOEACC Scheme are:
b) Registration and
Credit Scheme for DOEACC Courses
A credit system based on the AICTE norms has been introduced for indicating the efforts required to pass a specific level of course under the DOEACC Scheme. Award of credit to a student will facilitate measurement/comparison of study hours including Theory Lectures, Tutorials and Practical Assignments put in a given module/paper/subject under the Scheme with similar course in IT in India and abroad. This will also facilitate other Universities/ Apex Accrediting bodies to consider academic and professional equivalence of DOEACC courses. This will also help students/organizations to transfer credits from DOEACC to other academic bodies and vice-versa for ensuring continuing education.
Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped and Female Candidates
DOEACC Society has introduced a scholarship scheme for above category of students w.e.f. January 2003 examinations. Candidates pursuing full-time DOEACC courses through an accredited institute will be offered scholarship ranging from Rs.4,000/- to Rs.25,000/-, depending upon the level of the course and subject to meeting the specified norms.
DOEACC 'O' and 'A' level qualifications are recognized for the purpose of employment by the Government of India, vide notification Nos. F.18-23/92-TD. V/TS-IV dated the 1st March 1995 and 10th April 1996 respectively. 'B' Level qualification is recognized equivalent to MCA. Recognition to DOEACC 'C' Level qualification is expected shortly. Leading computer software organizations in the private sector have also recognized DOEACC Qualifications.
- MoU signed with Central Academy of IT (CAIT), Japan for mutual recognition of DOEACC Qualifications. As a result of the MoU, DOEACC 'A', 'B' and 'C' Level Qualifiers are eligible for issue of visas by the Government of Japan.
- MoU signed with Singapore Computer Society and National Information Competency Centre, Singapore for mutual recognition of DOEACC Qualifications ('B' & 'C' Levels).
- MoU signed with Ministry of Science & Technology and Council for Information Technology, Republic of Sri Lanka, Colombo for the conduct of DOEACC Examinations in Sri Lanka. The Society is implementing this Scheme in Sri Lanka and Nepal.
- DOEACC is also interacting with many other countries, as they have shown interest for similar arrangements for establishing a similar Scheme in their own countries.
Source : DOEACC Website
DOEACC 'O', 'A', 'B' level qualifiers are sought-after computer professionals, by all
Government & Public Sector Undertakings
- Delhi Metro
- DOEACC Society
- Ministry of Defence
- Office of Joint Secretary Ordinance Depots
- Ministry of Communication & Information Technology
- Employee's Provident Fund Organisation
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Regional Computer Centre under National Informatics Centre
- Staff Selection Board
- Railway Recruitment Board
- Deptt. of Post
- Ministry of Labour
- Central Building Research Institute
- Directorate of Economics & Statistics
- ITB Police
- Deptt. of Ocean Development
- National Physical Laboratory
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd.
- Directorate of Census Operations
- Central Scientific Instruments Organizations.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Bank of Maharashtra
- UCO Bank
- HDFC etc.
- Rai Foundation
- Aggarwal College
- BSF Senior Secondary School
- Deep International School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- St. Johns
- TATA Infotech
- RCC and Many more..
Multinational Companies & Corporates
- Wipro Nagarro
- Kambay (Pune)
- Magic Software
- Royal Datamatics
- Troop Software
- Value One
- Sashun Software
- Rite Software
- Birla Soft
- Sugal Infotech
- Net Maxims
- Hewitto Mascon